Friday, October 14, 2011
Here's the secret: Rubber Stamps! These are the COOLEST thing around! I can't even remember HOW I found out about them, I think just surfing around the net for something totally different. Anyhow, there's a site called www.peachykeenstamps.com. They've all kinds of rubber stamps but they're most noted for having face stamps for Cricut Paper Dolls! They come in various sizes and expressions. This is the PK-490 Everyday Character Face Assortment. The sizes on my sheet go from 3/8" u p to 1" and with one large image at 1-3/8". I think this sheet was about $25 or so. I haven't been on the site in awhile, but I believe they have smaller sheets of just one size for cheaper. As you can see, there are a couple I use pretty frequently (they're the black-ink stained.) When I first started using them, I used black ink to stamp the image. Now, I use a dark brown.
To create faces like you see in my photos, I go over the stamped image with a black, fine-tip gel pen. Then I fill in the eye color with a paint pen, in brown, blue or green. Then I use a white POSTER Paint pen for the white part of the eye and the dot in the pupil. I ALWAYS have to go over the lines again with the gel pen after adding the white and the color. It's hard to get the paint pen to stay in the lines with the large tips they have. I have tried using Sharpie's fine-tip paint pen in white, but it doesn't provide as much coverage as their POSTER Paint pen with the fine tip and the tip is still a little big. Then I add cheeks from my chalk pallette. You can either use a tiny pom-pom or a Q-tip. I use either a light pink or a terracotta color with a little smudged off before I use it to soften the color. And on a few I even used Black for a dramatic effect.
They take a little practice but oncce you've done a couple, they're super easy and they add so much life to these little guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment